Manifestations of fatty liver
Fatty liver mostly has no symptoms in the early stage. The most common symptoms are that they feel weak and prone to fatigue. Some patients will have abdominal discomfort or pain.
Severe fatty liver patients may have skin pruritus, don’t want to eat, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms. If the disease further develops to liver cirrhosis, serious complications such as ascites and hemorrhage may occur.
About 50% of patients will have hepatomegaly, which can be touched in the right upper abdomen.
Treatment of fatty liver
1. Etiological treatment
Mainly aiming at the original diseases and risk factors to control. Obese patients need to lose weight and eat less greasy and high-calorie food. Controlling Diet and Adjusting Diet Structure in Patients with Hyperlipidemia; Patients with type 2 diabetes actively control blood sugar, etc.
2. Diet control and moderate exercise
It is the key to treatment. Patients with fatty liver should strictly limit the amount of fat they eat every day. At the same time, it is supplemented by exercise, which can be jogging or walking fast.
Patients with high blood lipid can take lipid-lowering drugs. Drugs that protect the liver; Antioxidant drugs, such as vitamin E, vitamin A, taurine, etc.
Patients who are especially obese and cannot lose weight through diet and exercise may consider weight loss surgery. Liver transplantation may be considered for patients with advanced fatty liver development into liver cirrhosis, severe liver function damage or failure.
Prevention of fatty liver
The prevention of fatty liver should pay attention to the following aspects:
1. Live and rest rules, pay attention to rest, keep a good mood;
2. Quit smoking and drinking;
3. Reasonable diet, weight control and waist circumference, it is recommended that men’s waist circumference should be controlled below 85cm and women’s waist circumference should be controlled below 80cm;
4. Strengthen sports and cultivate healthy interests;
5. Actively treat diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and other chronic diseases.