On the outpatient front line, We often tell patients to take drugs on time and in quantity. It is hoped that patients can have good compliance to complete the drug treatment process and enjoy a healthy life. Compliance here is actually the degree of implementation of the doctor’s advice. In the doctor’s diagnosis of the disease, and then the corresponding doctor’s advice, the patient’s strict implementation of the doctor’s advice is an important guarantee to ensure the curative effect and control the course of the disease.
Why do you take medicine on time?
The so-called time means that we hope that drugs will work at the most suitable time for the human body.
The endocrine axis of the human body is often rhythmic. The best effect is to play a role in the daily secretion time. Therefore, it is often recommended that patients use glucocorticoids and antidepressants at 8 o’clock in the morning, which is the reason.
Drugs often act on enzymes in the body. This is the worker who shoulders the production of many important substances in the body. They are willful and often have strict requirements on the temperature environment. Some enzymes are night owls and are often the most active when people sleep. Therefore, some drugs such as statins, cholesterol-lowering drugs and anti-asthma leukotriene regulators are the most suitable for taking before going to bed.
The action and absorption of some drugs are closely related to the gastrointestinal tract. The gastrointestinal tract can be regarded as a main road, and food can be regarded as traffic that causes traffic jams on the main road.
Drugs that play a role in repairing gastrointestinal tract will hope to play a role as soon as possible, so they need to be eaten before meals and pass through when the main road is most empty.
Some drugs that will unconsciously damage gastrointestinal tract should cause as little damage to main roads as possible, so they need to be taken during or after meals.
Food will greatly reduce the absorption of some drugs, so the best absorption of these drugs can be obtained by avoiding the traffic jam of food and passing quickly through the empty gastrointestinal avenue before meals.
Therefore, taking medicine on time is to meet you at the most suitable time.
Why do you want to take the medicine according to the amount?
Take enough medicine so that the medicine should maintain a stable concentration in the blood and continue to act on the human body.
1. When bacteria enter the human body and make waves, we need antibiotics to act as guards. Antibiotics in the blood need to be maintained long enough to prevent latent bacteria from making waves again.
2. Chronic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes will unconsciously damage a series of organs and tissues in the human body, so we hope to have a stable and appropriate blood drug level to ensure that blood pressure and blood sugar can be maintained at a beautiful value.
3. Compare the concentration of drugs in blood to the height of the water surface in a large water tank, Too high a concentration can cause toxicity, Just as the water level is too high and overflows to cause floods, and the water level is not high enough, the drug effect is often not enough. The [antidote] effect that people like to talk about is the drug elimination process played by liver and kidney in pharmacy, which is equivalent to draining water. The process of taking medicine is like adding water regularly, and the proper balance between inflow and outflow maintains the water level.
Common Mistakes in Taking Medicine for Common People
- If you see a certain curative effect, you will reduce or stop taking the drug autonomously. Busy with daily chores and forgetting to take medicine; Too many times a day to complete the doctor’s advice; If you feel unwell after taking the medicine, stop the medicine without authorization.
Too many professional terms in the drug instructions can’t be understood? It doesn’t matter, learn to look at these four key points.
Take medicine correctly, and you should also do these five things.
Due to the asymmetric relationship of medical information between doctors and patients, doctors and pharmacists should do more work when carrying out drug treatment. To guide the time point of medication, dosage and usage of medication, length of treatment course, possible adverse reactions and prevention of adverse reactions, so as to eliminate the prejudice and tension of drug users on drug treatment.
We can follow the following steps:
1. Understanding Diseases and Drugs
Summarize your living habits, inform doctors and clinical pharmacists, and learn from them about your diseases and the drugs used for treatment, so as to avoid some unnecessary use errors.
Know which of your usual living habits will interfere with the role of drugs, especially do not use tea, fruit juice, cola and milk to take drugs under normal circumstances.
Understand the possible adverse reactions of the drugs used, so as to be confident.
Understand what kinds of adverse consequences will result from not taking drugs according to the doctor’s advice.
Step 2 Follow the doctor’s advice
It is best to write down the medication instructions given by doctors and clinical pharmacists with pen and paper and retell them to confirm that they have mastered them. And follow the doctor’s advice and integrate regular medication into their lives.
Common sense of taking medicine that is easy to make mistakes.
Fasting, refers to 30 ~ 60 minutes before morning breakfast;
Before meals, refers to 30 ~ 60 minutes before three meals;
During the meal, it refers to the first bite of the meal or immediately after the meal.
15 to 30 minute after meal;
Before going to bed, refers to 30 minutes before going to bed;
When necessary, it refers to the use of drugs in special circumstances, such as painkillers used only when pain is needed, and antipyretics used when body temperature exceeds 38.5 degrees.
3. Take medicine to remind
- You can inform your family when you take the medicine, seek their help and supervise yourself together. Set the mobile phone alarm clock to remind yourself; Download Dr. Clove App, which has the function of taking medicine reminder. You can customize the person taking the medicine, the name of the medicine, the period of taking the medicine, the reminder time, etc. After opening the reminder notice, you will receive the reminder regularly every day.
4. Treatment of abnormal situations during medication
Do a good job of self-medication monitoring, through the possible adverse reactions known before, distinguish which are common and safe discomfort do not need to stop using drugs, which are serious discomfort need to inform the doctor.
5. Never reduce or stop taking drugs without the guidance of a doctor or pharmacist.
At the same time, some types of chronic disease drugs, such as antihypertensive drugs and glucocorticoids, cannot be stopped immediately, suddenly stopped or reduced too fast, which will lead to serious discomfort or aggravation of the disease. Therefore, if such drugs need to be stopped due to discomfort, they need to be gradually reduced and slowly stopped under the guidance of doctors.
Responsible Editor: Ji Lingyan
Copyright of Clove Garden. No reprinting is allowed without permission.