The baby’s eating, drinking, pulling, scattering and sleeping are always the concerns of parents. Among them, pulling and eating are inseparable.
Many babies suffer from constipation, which is related to improper food arrangement by their parents. At this time, they can try to make some adjustments in diet to help their babies solve constipation.
Today, Dr. Clove invited spicy mom Li Liangli to introduce a supplementary food that can help prevent and relieve constipation.
What are the advantages of this complementary food?
1. Preventing constipation and protecting eyesight
Purple potato is a common food rich in dietary fiber, which is very beneficial to prevent constipation in babies. Purple potato is also rich in selenium and anthocyanin, which is also beneficial to enhancing baby’s resistance.
Carrots contain a large amount of-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A after intake. Vitamin A is an excellent helper to protect eyesight and maintain skin health.
2. The taste is sweet and the color is good-looking.
Both purple potato and carrot have sweet taste, and the purple of purple potato and the orange of carrot are matched. After the production is completed, the two colors and double delicacies are delicious.
3. It can be used as finger food to exercise baby’s hand-eye coordination ability.
After the supplementary food is made, it is cut into appropriate sizes and can be used as finger food for the baby, so that the baby can exercise the coordination ability of hands, eyes and mouth and help the baby learn to eat by himself.
Ha ha, see here, parents are very curious? Dr. Clove revealed the answer: It is purple potato carrot double-color sponge cake.
Purple part: 50 g of purple potato, 50 g of flour, 5 g of sugar, 1 g of yeast, 1 g of baking powder and appropriate amount of hot water
Red part: 50 g carrot, 50 g flour, 5 g sugar, 1 g yeast, 1 g baking powder and proper amount of hot water
1. Peel purple potatoes and carrots and cut them into small pieces. After steaming, add a little hot water and beat them into mud with a blender. Put the two kinds of mud in a steamer to keep warm for later use.
2. Spread 50 g flour on the kneading mat, pour yeast, sugar and baking powder in turn. Then add warm purple mashed potatoes and start kneading the dough. If the dough is too dry, add a small amount of hot water several times during this period, and knead the dough until the surface is smooth and slightly sticky.
3. Make carrot paste dough in the same way.
4. Take a bowl with some depth, spread it out with plastic wrap or fresh-keeping bag and pad it in the bowl. First spread the purple potato paste dough on the top layer, then spread the carrot paste dough on the top layer. Then let it ferment in a warm place for about 1 hour. (You can ferment it in a steamer after boiling water)
5. Take out the bowl after the dough is awake, boil the steamer water, put it into the bowl, and steam over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
6. Take out the steamed sponge cake bowl and peel off the safety film while it is hot. Cooling for a while, cutting the steamed sponge cake and eating.
Tips from Dr. Clove
1. This complementary food can be given to the baby from 7 months old when he starts to try finger food. Of course, it is also suitable for big babies and parents.
2. For babies under 1 year old, sugar is not added. However, not adding sugar will increase the fermentation time, and the finished sponge cake is easier to collapse.
3. The steamed sponge cake with baking powder will be softer. Most of the baking powder sold on the market does not contain alum (i.e. No aluminum), which is a common and safe leavening agent, so it is safe for the baby to take a small amount of it. If parents are worried that baking powder is not good for the baby, they can not add it.
4. Before evaporating the cake, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds on the surface of the dough, and order crushed walnuts and almonds to add points to nutrition and delicious taste. However, when the baby eats, parents should pay special attention to it and don’t let the baby choke.