Chen Laobo discovered during the Spring Festival last year that blood was often found on toilet paper after defecation.
Because when he was young, he felt that he had committed hemorrhoids again, so he went to the pharmacy to buy hemorrhoids ointment, but hematochezia was still mixed up and down, lasting for more than a year. Chen Laobo’s children, because they always saw paper towels with blood, earnestly urged his father to go to the hospital to have a look, and only after an examination did they find out that Chen Laobo was rectal cancer!
Fortunately, it was not too late to find out and there was no transfer. The doctor said that after the operation, the quality of life would not be too poor in the future.
In my clinical work, patients like Chen Laobo are not uncommon, and tumor metastasis occurs due to too long delay.
As the saying goes, ten men and nine hemorrhoids are indeed a lot of people with hemorrhoids, especially the middle-aged and elderly people, almost all have light or heavy hemorrhoids, and there are many people who suffer from stool bleeding due to hemorrhoids. Many people are common and feel that stool with blood is hemorrhoids again, and they do not attach importance to it. Delayed treatment.
Don’t treat hematochezia as hemorrhoids
1. There are many reasons for bloody stool.
In addition to hemorrhoids, colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, colonic polyps, anal fissure, small intestinal hemorrhage, etc. can all lead to hematochezia.
Therefore, blood in stool cannot be taken for granted as hemorrhoids.
After finding hematochezia, we must find out the cause in time. Finding out the cause is the first step of treatment.
2. Hemorrhoids? Or cancer?
After reading the story of Chen Laobo, I believe everyone has raised their vigilance. Is it hemorrhoids that will appear hematochezia in the future? Is it cancer? How do doctors distinguish?
There are mainly two methods:
- Digital rectal examination: Digital rectal examination can examine the intestinal segment of 8 ~ 9 cm, which can preliminarily identify hemorrhoids and rectal cancer. If the digital examination is suspicious, further colonoscopy is required. Colonoscopy: Colonoscopy can examine the whole colon and is an important means to find intestinal polyps and cancers. Friends over 50 years old who have not done colonoscopy, especially those with hematochezia, must have an colonoscopy.
3. How should people who have hemorrhoids in the past be vigilant?
The cause of hemorrhoid hemorrhage is bleeding caused by abrasion and extrusion of feces during defecation. Most of the blood drips down with the excretion of feces. Generally, it drips blood after defecation. Toilet paper carries blood after defecation. Generally, it is not mixed with feces. The color is mostly bright red and there is little mucus.
The cause of tumor hemorrhage is tumor necrosis, continuous hemorrhage or bleeding. Therefore, it is usually mixed in feces, with slightly darker blood color and often mixed with mucus or pus.
If people with hemorrhoids in the past suffer from emaciation, worsening constipation or increased defecation frequency, and changes in hematochezia, colonoscopy should also be done in time.
Don’t take hemorrhoids as a trivial matter.
Hemorrhoids seem to be minor problems, but they also bring people all kinds of troubles and should be treated well.
The treatment of hemorrhoids does not rely on small advertisements on telegraph poles or secret recipes handed down from what’s ancestors, nor does it require radical surgery for hemorrhoid bleeding as mentioned in the advertisements.
Regular treatment and adjustment of living habits are king.
There are three principles for hemorrhoid treatment:
- Asymptomatic hemorrhoids do not need treatment; Symptomatic hemorrhoids focus on alleviating or eliminating symptoms rather than radical cure. Non-surgical treatment is the main treatment.
There are the following treatments:
- Potassium permanganate tablets warm water sit bath can improve local blood circulation, and antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. Anal canal with oil or suppository, lubricating and astringent effects, can reduce local discomfort symptoms. When bleeding is serious, oral medicine can be used to treat hemorrhoids and venous blood flow.
It is also important to develop good living habits, including increasing activities, avoiding sitting for a long time, eating more fruits and vegetables, and treating constipation in time.
Editor: Zhang Jingyuan
Author: Yang Jie
This article is exclusively authorized to be used by Clove Garden and refuses any other form of reprinting.