Tattoos, which were originally regarded as bad behavior, are becoming more and more common today. Many people choose to use tattoos as a way to express their thoughts or dress up their bodies.
You may walk into a street tattoo shop as soon as your mind gets hot and you can have your own tattoo in a few hours. However, as a traumatic operation that will leave permanent marks on the skin, it is necessary to fully understand it.
How is the tattoo tattooed?
Tattoo is to use colored needles to penetrate into the bottom layer of the skin to create some permanent patterns or words on the skin.
Generally speaking, a tattoo artist will hold a tattoo device similar to a sewing machine, and the needle on the tattoo device will repeatedly penetrate the skin to deliver the pigment to the bottom layer of the skin.
If local anesthetic is not used, the tattoo process will bring some pain and discomfort, but the tattoo site is different, the individual pain tolerance is different, and the actual pain degree will vary greatly.
What are the risks of tattoos?
The process of tattooing can cause skin damage and may cause some adverse reactions. Dr. Clove advised people with diabetes, eczema and scar constitution not to tattoo.
Diabetes patients are not easy to recover from infection, eczema patients are prone to allergy, scar constitution people are at high risk of infection and easy to leave scars. In addition, it should be noted that the probability of adverse reactions to tattoos in people with positive p-phenylenediamine is higher than that in ordinary people.
1. Allergic reaction
Tattoo pigments may cause skin allergy, the most common manifestation of which is itchy rash on the tattoo site and surrounding skin. It is especially important to note that this allergic reaction may also occur several years after tattoo.
2. Skin infection
If the wound is not kept clean after tattooing or tattooing in an informal tattoo shop, local infection is likely to occur at the tattoo site.
3. Other skin problems
Tattoos may lead to hyperplasia of scar tissue. If recovery is not good, ugly scars will form. In addition, tattoo pigment may also lead to the occurrence of subcutaneous nodules.
4. Causing blood-borne diseases
If the tattoo device is not strictly disinfected, it may carry a variety of pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including tetanus, hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus.
5. Affect MRI results
In rare cases, tattoos and tattoo pigments will interfere with the imaging results of magnetic resonance examination and cause local skin swelling and pain.
After tattooing, if you have the above allergy or infection and other symptoms, please see a doctor in time.
Tattoo Must Be Careful
You must carefully think about whether you really want to leave such a permanent mark on your skin. If you have any hesitation or worry, please take a moment and don’t make a decision that you regret.
Never make an impulsive decision under the instigation of others or the influence of alcohol!
In addition, you must carefully think about which part of the body you want to tattoo on, whether it is in the exposed part or in the private part. In addition, you must also consider the possible impact of future weight changes on tattoos.
Three Precautions Before Tattoo
In order to ensure the hygiene and safety of the whole tattoo process, you need to know these issues clearly:
1. Is the tattoo artist from how? Does this tattoo shop have a formal business license? Don’t blindly pursue low price, be sure to choose a regular tattoo shop with a business license.
2. Is the tattoo artist using unopened disposable tattoo utensils? Make sure that tattoo utensils and pigments are taken out of unopened disposable packages. Sharing the above items with others will lead to the spread of blood diseases.
3. Have non-disposable instruments been strictly disinfected? Non-disposable tattoo equipment should be strictly disinfected after each customer uses it. Small equipment can be disinfected by high-pressure steam sterilizer, while large equipment can be disinfected by surface sterilization agent.
Seven Precautions after Tattoo
According to the tattoo size and tattoo method, the specific matters needing attention after tattoo are also slightly different, but basically the following seven things need to be done well:
1. Remove the dressing below after 24 hours of tattoo, and start using antibiotic ointment until the wound is completely healed.
2. Keep the Wen Yuan clean. Gently clean the Wen Yuan with non-irritating soap and clear water to avoid direct impact of water flow on the wound and wipe the wound lightly.
3. Use lotion. Start using body lotion every day after the wound has healed.
4. Protect yourself from the sun. Try to avoid direct sunlight exposure to the wound within a few weeks after the tattoo.
5. Don’t swim. Don’t swim or bathe until the wound has completely healed!
6. Pay attention to the choice of clothing materials. Some clothes are easy to stick to wounds, so please try to avoid them.
7. It takes about two weeks for the wound to basically heal. During this period, do not dig the scabs with your hands, otherwise it will lead to infection, scar tissue proliferation and even damage the tattoo pattern.
If you feel that the wound may be infected or heal slowly, please communicate with your doctor in time. If you want to remove tattoos, please consult a professional dermatologist.