The best gift to your mother is health. As you grow older, your mother’s body is also slowly changing. As a child, taking your mother to have a comprehensive gynecological examination is the best gift. Young mothers can also take the physical examination as a gift to themselves.
Is what a gynecological examination?
General gynecological examination includes breast examination, uterine and accessory examination, vulva examination, cervical examination and vaginal examination. Gynecological examination can help women find diseases as soon as possible, so as to make an early diagnosis and start treatment, and will not miss the best treatment time after illness. Therefore, it is very necessary for women to do gynecological examination.
The Best Time for Gynecological Examination
1. Each annual gynecological examination should be arranged at the appropriate time of the female menstrual cycle. Generally, the most appropriate time is 3-7 days after the end of menstruation in the current month. This is the best time to do cervical smear examination, because your cervical opening is the most dilated at this time, which is convenient for examination.
2. If it is difficult for you to plan the exact time, just make sure that you are not in your menstrual period at the time of the examination and your menstruation has ended for at least a few days, so that the secretions in your vagina will not interfere with the examination effect.
3. If you have reached the age of 20, you need to have a women’s examination once a year.
What items do general gynecological examinations examine?
1. Physical examination:
Including palpation and visual examination of the size, shape and location of vulva, vagina, cervix and uterus, as well as examination of fallopian tubes and ovaries.
2. Routine examination of leucorrhea:
Including mould, trichomonas, vaginal cleanliness and bacterial vaginosis.
3. Gynecological B-ultrasound examination:
Endometrial diseases, cervical diseases, hysteromyoma and ovarian tumors can be found.
4. Cervical scraper or TCT examination:
Cervical scrapes and TCT examination can find early cervical lesions and are the main methods for early detection and treatment of cervical cancer. Technically speaking, TCT is more accurate than cervical scrapes and the detection rate of abnormal cells is higher.
5. Breast examination:
In addition to breast inspection and palpation by specialists, mammography can find breast lesions that cannot be found by palpation.
6. Confirm whether menstruation is normal:
If menstruation is irregular, it may indicate that the woman has reached perimenopause or is an early symptom of some tumors. It is necessary to find out the cause of irregular menstruation in time so as to give symptomatic treatment.
Precautions before inspection
In addition to gynecological examination items, physical examination will also include examination of other system organs of the body. There are the following precautions before doing physical examination:
1. Don’t eat or drink a lot of water after 12 o’clock the night before the blood test until the blood test is completed.
2. You can scrub the vulva with clear water before physical examination, but do not flush the vagina.
3. Do gynecological examination to empty urine.
5. Unmarried women cannot undergo transvaginal gynecological B-ultrasound examination; Doing gynecologic B-ultrasound from abdomen requires holding urine.
4. B-ultrasound of liver, gallbladder and pancreas generally requires fasting.
6. When taking X-rays, try not to have metal jewelry on your body or metal decorations on your clothes, so as not to affect the examination results.
7. Electrocardiogram examination needs to expose wrists and ankles. Women should try not to wear stockings, pantyhose, etc. to reduce inconvenience.
Which phenomena indicate that gynecological examination should be carried out
1. Excessive stress
Premenstrual tension syndrome, mainly caused by endocrine disorders of the nervous system dysfunction, in general, can be relieved through self-regulation. Such as long-term tension, accompanied by heavy physiological reactions, can go to gynecology endocrine examination, when necessary, under the guidance of doctors, oral hormone drug therapy.
Step 2: Severe pain
Dysmenorrhea and sexual intercourse pain is a problem that women often face, especially dysmenorrhea. The general degree of dysmenorrhea belongs to the tolerable range. And for long-term unbearable dysmenorrhea, should not blindly eat pain-relieving tablets patience, should go to do a gynecological endocrine examination to see if there is endometriosis.
Menorrhagia is caused by various reasons, and hysteromyoma is one of the important factors. Hysteromyoma is closely related to estrogen level. In addition, corpus luteum dysfunction can also lead to excessive menstruation.
4. Vaginal pruritus recurs
For long-term and recurrent vaginal pruritus of unknown causes, endocrine factors should be considered and endocrine examination should be carried out. Failure to find the root of the problem and blind use of drugs will not only fail to cure the disease, but will also lead to drug resistance and chronic diseases.
Responsible Editor: Zhang Jingyuan
Dr. Clove’s exclusive manuscript refuses any other form of reprinting.