Father is a [otaku], He used to be seen sitting for hours playing games, Then I suppressed my urine and hurried to the toilet. However, Not only [otaku], eating, drinking, pulling and scattering four major events, to modern people here, there is no one can’t wait, especially the latter two. Busy [taxi drivers], diligent in receiving customers [white collar], and medical workers like the author, when their work is busy, pulling and scattering things, have to put aside for a while, hold back a hold.
However, for this dedicated attitude, I only have six words of advice: no, no, no, no, don’t hold back!
You ask me why, don’t worry, you go to the bathroom first, we’ll talk slowly when you come back.
Is it harmful to what to hold urine?
- Increased risk of urinary calculi: the reason is that urine stays in the body for too long;
- Increased Risk of Urinary Tract Infection and Bladder Tumor: Long-term Urine Stimulation of Bladder Epithelium;
- Causing male prostatitis-like symptoms: long-term high pressure of bladder causes pelvic floor pain and frequent urination, etc.
- Bladder rupture: This may not really frighten you. In extreme cases, holding urine may cause bladder rupture.
Is there any harm to what if you suppress it?
- Induced constipation: the most common. Stay in the bowel, the water contained in the stool will be absorbed by the bowel, resulting in stool induration, induced defecation difficulties, bring troubles; Inducing hemorrhoids: The increase of intestinal pressure and pelvic floor pressure caused by long-term constipation may induce hemorrhoids; Causing symptoms of pelvic floor syndrome: such as fecal incontinence, pelvic floor compression, etc.; Increasing the risk of sudden death: Scientific research has confirmed that the most common cause of sudden death caused by cardiac and cerebrovascular causes is the habit of forced defecation caused by constipation, which is not unrelated to long-term constipation. Crosstalk artist Mr. Ma Ji died suddenly while going to the toilet, which may be related to cardiovascular accidents caused by forced defecation.
Although everyone knows that holding urine is not good, there are still countless people in real life who are carrying out this dangerous exercise to varying degrees. And some people I mentioned at the beginning, such as sedentary [taxi drivers] and sedentary [white collar], have been discovered by scientists and become high-risk groups for many urinary problems.
The act of holding urine and stool will allow waste to stay in the body for a longer period of time, resulting in an increase in bladder and pelvic pressure, which may lead to many hazards.
Next, let’s learn more about the production of urine and the process of defecation.
Bladder is not a [big water tank]
People cannot hold their urine indefinitely. Urine is produced from the kidneys. Pass through the ureter and enter the bladder for temporary storage. Naive you may think that the bladder is like a big water tank, but it is not the case. Instead of being a water tank, think of it as a water bag with a valve. As the urine increases, the pressure in the water bag becomes higher and higher, and the pressure can be sensed at any time!
After the pressure reaches a certain level, the brain [headquarters] will feel quite anxious to urinate. If conditions permit, you will allow your brain to direct the urethral sphincter to open the valve and complete a familiar urination. Or, your brain requires your urethral sphincter to be strictly guarded, [it is not appropriate to urinate now], the brain said.
However, the patience of the bladder is limited. When the pressure reaches a certain level, this urination will even become pain, forcing you to complete a urination. Strict urine holding cannot be realized at all.
Is defecation the process of how?
Compared with holding your urine, It is easier to hold back, mainly because the completion of defecation requires the coordination of various nerve reflex and muscle group movements. However, the basic process is still [stool storage-generation of defecation-brain judgment of whether defecation can be performed-defecation, defecation or endurance]. Holding back seems to be more physically feasible, so more people are deeply disturbed by it.
Have to hold back, what should I do?
I understand all the above reasons, but if I have to hold back, can I remedy them?
You know all the truth, so what? However, ah, let’s say one thing.
Try not to hold your urine: if you have to hold your urine, you will become a high-risk group for the above-mentioned harmful situations. Since it is inevitable, regular physical examination is very important for you.
[Can’t hold back], it may be a disease: if your urination frequency is especially high and urgent, or there is tingling pain, then it is recommended that you still go to the hospital. The so-called can’t hold back, it may also be the manifestation of urinary system diseases such as urinary tract infection.
Prevention of constipation: For the behavior of holding back stool, as the main harm still comes from constipation, prevention of constipation is particularly important. Drinking more water, eating more vegetables and fruits to ensure the intake of vitamins, minerals and cellulose, increasing the intake of crude fiber foods such as sweet potatoes, and maintaining water to promote fecal softening are all helpful.
There is already constipation problem: don’t use your breast-feeding strength to defecate hard at any time! Don’t defecate hard! Don’t defecate hard! Say important things three times. People who are deeply disturbed by it need to receive timely guidance from specialists when necessary, and appropriate application of intestinal motility drugs and stool softeners will be even more helpful.