The so-called “women with big buttocks are good at giving birth” among the people has its scientific truth to a certain extent.
Pregnant women with large buttocks actually have relatively large pelvis, while parturients with relatively large pelvis are indeed easier to give birth to babies than parturients with small pelvis during delivery.
However, [big buttocks] and [big pelvis] cannot be completely equated.
Dr. Clove invited Dr. Wang Yun from Fudan University’s Affiliated Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital to talk about the relationship between [pelvic size] and [good fertility].
Why is the buttocks big ≠ pelvis big?
This is because the pelvic size only represents the size of bones. The size of the buttocks is determined not only by the pelvis, but also by the gluteus maximus and fat covered behind it. Therefore, the pelvis and buttocks cannot be equated.
During the prenatal examination, obstetricians will measure the pelvis of the parturient.
According to the measured data, obstetricians will evaluate whether pregnant women have pelvic abnormalities such as small pelvis and flat pelvis, which can provide corresponding reference for the selection of delivery methods.
The fetus is too big to have children.
Too large a fetus will indeed affect the delivery process.
In medicine, fetuses weighing more than 4,000 grams are called [macrosomia]. When pregnant with fetuses weighing more than 4,000 grams, after full delivery evaluation, parturients can undergo vaginal trial delivery, and the indications for cesarean section will be relaxed for them at this time. However, if the estimated weight of the fetus is greater than 4,500 grams, vaginal trial delivery is not recommended, but cesarean section is directly performed.
It is a little dangerous to be pregnant with a huge child or to be a huge child.
For example, when giving birth smoothly, the chance of macrosomia is increased, that is to say, the fetus may have too big a head to pass through the birth canal smoothly, which will cause dystocia. In addition, when giving birth to a huge child, it is more likely to have dangerous situations such as [soft birth canal tear] and [shoulder dystocia].
In order to allow the baby to give birth smoothly, doctors generally want the fetus weight to be controlled between 2,500 and 4,000 grams.
If you want to have a good baby, diet is the most important thing.
In order to prevent the fetus from being too large, the mother’s main control method during pregnancy is exercise plus diet control.
During pregnancy, the weight change of pregnant women should be detected, and the ideal growth rate is:
- In the first three months, the total growth was 1 ~ 2 kg. From the middle three months to the second three months, the weekly growth rate is 0.3 ~ 0.5 kg, with a total growth rate of 10 ~ 12 kg.
So, how should pregnant women eat to control weight gain?
- Carbohydrate: Carbohydrate is the main food for the body to supply calories. The sugar in the staple food of pregnant women is mainly starch. After the second trimester of pregnancy, eating up to one kilo of staple food every day can meet the needs. Protein: It is also supplemented with high-quality protein, which can provide the best combination of amino acids and mainly comes from animals, such as livestock meat, milk, eggs, cheese, chicken and fish.
If you want to have a good baby, exercise properly.
1. Exercise during pregnancy is good, walking is the best, and radio exercises are also good.
There are many ways to exercise during pregnancy, such as walking, dancing simple rhythmic dances, doing exercises, swimming and other aerobic exercises.
- Walking: This is a relatively safe and suitable exercise for pregnant and lying-in women. But also increases endurance, It’s good for childbirth. Mom takes a walk, It will also stimulate the baby’s activities. Pay attention to the speed when walking, It should be carried out in a place with good air circulation, few people and a good environment. Especially now the air pollution is relatively serious, At the same time, we must pay attention to avoid taking part in outdoor sports on days with heavy pollution. Pay attention to self-protection. Radio Exercise: This is also a more suitable exercise method for pregnant women. However, bending down and jumping should be less or even not done. By the end of pregnancy, Not only should bending and jumping be reduced, The beat also needs to be properly controlled, But you can add some movements, such as ankle, wrist, neck, etc. Swimming: early pregnancy, swimming is a good exercise. It can reduce joint load, promote blood circulation, and also have a positive effect on the development of the baby’s nervous system. However, swimming must pay attention to safety, need someone to accompany, and is recommended to be carried out under the guidance of professionals.
2. Exercise should be moderate to avoid excessive excitement and fatigue.
- During the exercise, pay attention to starting slowly, proceeding slowly and calmly, and finally ending slowly and calmly. Avoid extreme pulling, jumping and excessive impact movements; Pay attention to the range of movements, protect joints and prevent joint injuries; You can talk while doing exercise to avoid excessive exercise. Take a break from time to time to avoid excessive fatigue. Drink water properly before, during and after exercise; If you feel uncomfortable, short of breath or tired during the exercise, take a rest and continue after getting better.
In order to have a good baby, it is also important to look at the pelvis congenital, exercise and diet control the day after tomorrow. Eating too much does not mean good nutrition. Don’t be too busy eating sea plug, obese baby in the belly, and hard-working mother in the maternity bed.
Responsible Editor: Jing Liu