Myocardial infarction is a critical illness that the patient cannot handle and has a high mortality rate. Once it occurs, the patient or his family should call 120 immediately. But before the rescue personnel arrive, you can do some what?
Speaking of acute myocardial infarction family self-help, we estimate that we have seen many versions, such as what bedside three treasures, 10 seconds first aid method, beating first aid method and so on, is absolutely multifarious. Some of them still have some truth, some are completely bullshit.
According to my own experience, I put forward a new self-help method for families with acute myocardial infarction, hoping to help some friends.
The following conditions may be myocardial infarction
1. Inducement of attack: Most of them may have a large amount of activity, especially when they are excited, frightened, full of food, suddenly caught cold, etc. after sudden exertion.
2. Attack site: precordial region (area near the left nipple), lower sternum segment (middle of the line connecting the two nipples) or lower xiphoid process (commonly known as heart, which is the apex of the upper abdomen) are common. Generally, the range is palm-sized, and some people will also suffer from discomfort of the whole chest, even accompanied by discomfort near shoulders, left arms, neck and teeth.
3. Attack symptoms: The most typical symptom is chest tightness and pain. Some people may only have chest tightness or chest pain and dyspnea. It is often accompanied by dysphoria, fear and even dying.
People who have had angina pectoris before can compare it with the general angina pectoris in terms of location and nature of pain, but the degree is often more severe and lasts longer. Patients often report that [this pain is different from before] when they see a doctor.
Some people will sweat or even sweat profusely. Some people will be accompanied by dizziness. If blood pressure is measured at this time, it can be found that blood pressure is very low or heart rate is very slow. Some people will also show stuffy pain in the upper abdomen, accompanied by nausea and vomiting, which is easily mistaken for gastroenteritis.
4. Attack time: Typically, it usually lasts for more than 30 minutes, but attacks lasting more than 15 minutes also need to be paid great attention to.
Some patients have attacks for only a few minutes, but the attacks are very frequent. Although they may not be myocardial infarction, they are very likely to develop into myocardial infarction in a short period of time. It is suggested to refer to myocardial infarction for treatment.
5. Age and other disease factors: It is more common in the middle-aged and the elderly, with differences between men and women. Generally, men over 40 years old and women over 50 years old are more common.
The incidence rate of smoking, diabetes, hyperlipidemia and obesity will obviously increase. The incidence rate of young people has also increased significantly after lifestyle changes.
6. Other auxiliary discrimination: Acute myocardial infarction cannot be completely improved by taking nitroglycerin because it is a persistent occlusion of coronary arteries. It can be relieved at most. Generally, taking it twice (almost 15 minutes) is ineffective, so myocardial infarction needs to be considered.
How to do with myocardial infarction?
1. Call for help in time and call 120
Calling for help is much more important than using what, because real myocardial infarction cannot be relieved by those drugs in the family or other exotic blood vessel dredging methods in what, and going to the hospital is the ultimate solution.
If there is the possibility of myocardial infarction (such as chest tightness and chest pain lasting for more than 15 minutes, which cannot be relieved by taking medicine), the emergency phone should be called immediately.
If there is no one else in the home, the door should be opened to facilitate the rescue of the emergency personnel. After contacting the emergency personnel, notify other key relatives immediately. If it is a person, it is suggested to write down a note immediately and give the contact information of the key family members to the emergency personnel.
2. Control your emotions and reduce your activities
Emotions and activities can increase oxygen consumption in the heart, Increases the risk. Therefore, patients should stay in bed as soon as possible and call others to help with other things. Take the initiative to restrain their nervousness. Proper and slow deep breathing can help reduce the heart rate (deep breathing should not be too fast, otherwise it will cause hyperventilation, usually once every 5 seconds).
In addition, myocardial infarction patients often suffer from fatigue, dizziness, syncope, bed rest or lying down on the spot, which can avoid accidental injuries caused by falls and is also conducive to blood supply to the brain.
3. Other treatment
Oxygen inhalation: If conditions permit, oxygen inhalation is a better choice.
Careful use of nitroglycerin tablets: Some myocardial infarction will lead to hypotension, and the disease may worsen after taking nitroglycerin. It is best to use it after measuring blood pressure and confirming that blood pressure is not low. If there is no condition for measuring blood pressure, patients with weak self-test pulse, dizziness and sweating should not take it blindly.
Do not take aspirin by yourself: Aspirin also takes tens of minutes to slowly take effect after taking it. If the patient is not suffering from myocardial infarction, Rather, other ailments cause pain and can cause problems for subsequent treatment, such as stomach problems, aortic dissection, and other ailments requiring urgent surgical treatment. If the patient’s blood pressure is high, taking large doses of aspirin can risk cerebral hemorrhage. So it is better to give aspirin to the doctor to decide whether to take it or not.
Daily Preparation Measures for High Risk Population
For people with high risk of acute myocardial infarction (patients with previous myocardial infarction; Patients with coronary heart disease and frequent angina pectoris attacks; Patients with coronary heart disease and some family members have myocardial infarction or sudden death) need some daily preparation measures for emergencies.
1. For these people, the relevant medical records, medical insurance cards (books) and previous heart disease data should be put together and placed in a convenient place (at the same time, other family members should be informed of the storage location). In case of illness, it can be taken quickly. It is better to stick a contact card of the immediate family members in the medical record book so that the emergency personnel can contact the family members. It is better to write down the allergy history and major medication information on the medical record book.
2. Prepare sphygmomanometers and oxygen inhalation facilities (such as oxygen cylinders or oxygen generators) in the home if conditions permit.
3. Prepare some drugs, Patients with frequent angina pectoris attacks can prepare some nitroglycerin and the like. Can relieve symptoms when angina pectoris attacks, When determining that blood pressure is not low, taking nitroglycerin can help identify whether it is myocardial infarction. If it is myocardial infarction, taking nitroglycerin is also difficult to relieve pain. If taking nitroglycerin twice is ineffective, it is likely to be myocardial infarction, and emergency personnel should be contacted in time.
4. Contact emergency personnel as soon as possible in the early stage of the onset of the disease. Don’t insist on going to the hospital for more than half an hour. Time is myocardium and time is life.
5. At ordinary times, you should inform your immediate family members of your heart disease, so as not to be unable to inform the doctor when you cannot describe it. Or keep a log, write down the drugs, blood pressure, blood sugar and other values taken every day, and put them together with the medical records.
Remember, acute myocardial infarction is a critical illness that patients cannot handle by themselves and has a high mortality rate. Early treatment is the best plan. It is better to make mistakes than to miss them.
Responsible Editor: Zhang Jingyuan
The article was reprinted by Clove Garden authorized by the author.