In the scorching summer, Ding Ma looked at the exceptionally bright sunshine outside the house. She really couldn’t lift the courage to accept [the grace of the sun] outside.
If you can enjoy the cool water, whether it is swimming pool, water park, lake or beach, you will feel cool and comfortable.
In summer, not only adults like water’s edge, but also children like to play in places with water.
Do you need to pay attention to what when taking your children to play with water in summer? Let Ding Ma come together for everyone.
Where there is water, attention should be paid to safety.
Safety has always been the first priority when going out to play.
Summer is also a high incidence period for drowning accidents. Special attention should be paid to safety when playing with water in different waters.
1. Lakes and ponds
- If you are not very familiar with the environment of lakes, streams or ponds, do not let your children swim in the water. If you can play in the water, you need to take protective measures in advance to protect your feet. If you are traveling by boat, you must wear life jackets.
- Pay special attention to the changes of tides when playing at the seaside. Before entering the water, confirm the safe swimming range, keep a close distance with the child, and land in time when the waves get bigger. Children should be told not to touch all kinds of floating objects in the sea at will to avoid being stung.
3. Swimming pool
- Although the swimming pool is a relatively safe water area, children must be accompanied and observe their movements. If there is no diving area in the swimming pool, do not allow children to dive. If the child is not skilled in swimming, do not let the child enter the deep water area without authorization.
When swimming, the police guard against drowning.
The last thing parents want to take their children swimming is drowning.
How to prevent drowning?
1. Don’t play with water when you are young.
The younger the child is, the more likely he is to drown while swimming.
Therefore, infants under 1 year old are not recommended to learn swimming, nor are infants 1 to 4 years old recommended to learn swimming.
If you want to learn swimming, you also need to make a comprehensive evaluation based on your baby’s body, psychology and reaction to water before deciding.
2. Safety education is very important
At ordinary times, attention should be paid to safety education for children. Even if children can swim, they should not be allowed to swim alone or with small partners in rivers, lakes, reservoirs and other forbidden areas in the wild.
Because the water in these places is often relatively deep and the water situation is unknown, which is very prone to danger.
3. Limit the range of movement in the swimming pool
Before the child goes swimming, it is necessary to clearly define the scope of swimming with the child. Children who are not skilled in swimming should not enter the deep water area without authorization.
4. Parents must be alert to accompany
When children go swimming, adults are required to be present or accompanied by companions.
Even if parents do not go into the water, they need to pay close attention to their children’s movements so that they can find out the abnormalities of their children in the first place.
5. No playing and slapstick in the water
When many children play together in the swimming pool, it is inevitable that they will play with each other, but they must be told in advance not to push or jump over others in the swimming pool.
If several children fight together, parents must stop them in time.
7. Beware of dry drowning!
Within 24 hours after the child’s swimming, it is also necessary to pay attention to the child’s state and find the child’s dry drowning or secondary drowning in time.
When swimming, don’t forget to protect yourself from the sun.
Many swimming pools and water parks are open-air. If you don’t take good sun protection measures when playing, stay outdoors for four or five hours in a row, coupled with the refraction of water in the swimming pool, it is very easy to sunburn children’s delicate skin.
How to avoid sunburn?
You can choose to swim in the indoor swimming pool, and if you are outdoors, you can choose a full-body bathing suit.
Ultraviolet rays are strongest from 10: 00 a.m. to 2: 00 p.m. You should avoid going to outdoor swimming pools or water parks during this period.
Apply sunscreen to the exposed skin 20 minutes in advance to ensure 2 mg/cm2. Pay attention to the selection of waterproof sunscreen and apply it every 30 minutes.
When swimming, you should also protect your eyes and ears.
When swimming, soak in water for a long time, especially pay attention to protect eyes and ears.
Avoid swimming in unclean water.
To strictly wear swimming goggles, earplugs, nose clips and other swimming protective equipment;
After swimming, if you have red eyes, discomfort, or blocked ears, unable to hear clearly, you must see a doctor in time.