What we are going to talk about today is the story that we have to tell between stones and summer.
Xiao Yang is a white-collar worker in the company. In summer, when the weather is hot, sedentary and the business is busy, there is no time to drink water. After work, I often go out with my colleagues and friends for a drink, a barbecue and a relaxation.
But recently, Xiao Yang actually appeared [cold cold] symptoms, but at that time also did not pay attention to, until there was obvious waist soreness symptoms, this just remembered to go to the hospital for examination. Originally, Xiao Yang is not a cold, but suffered from summer more prone to high incidence of urinary system common diseases: kidney stones. After lithotripsy treatment, Xiao Yang’s symptoms have been improved.
The doctor warned Xiao Yang, especially in summer, to avoid the above-mentioned bad living habits, otherwise, stones are especially easy to find.
Lack of water is a friend of stones.
Water is the source of life, summer is the time of water shortage, water shortage is the friend of stones.
Clinical studies have found that lithiasis and summer are absolutely inseparable [good friends], and the number of people suffering from lithiasis in winter is relatively much smaller.
For a normal adult, Due to the metabolic needs of the body, excretion, evaporation of lost liquids such as skin and respiratory tract, The total amount is about 2,000 milliliters, which is what we usually think is the physiological requirement. Considering that the food we eat every day can contain about 1,000 milliliters of water, the daily drinking water amount of about 1,000 milliliters can meet the normal needs of the human body, but this is only an average value.
As the seasons change, the water needed by the human body changes. In winter, the metabolic rate of the human body is relatively low, and the extra water lost is relatively small (think about whether you sweat less in winter? Is it not easy to get thirsty? ); Summer is just the opposite. Due to the high temperature, more water is lost from skin and respiratory tract, which makes it easier to suffer from water shortage.
If you live in a relatively hot climate, Or like Xiao Yang mentioned earlier, Due to work or their own reasons, can’t often drink water, so it is easy to lead to the body in a state of water shortage, which indirectly leads to the reduction of urine volume and concentration of urine. At this time, the concentration of minerals, organic acids and inorganic acid salts in urine increases significantly, making it easier to saturate and precipitate, thus inducing urinary calculi such as kidney stones and ureter stones.
It is said that beer barbecue is more suitable for stones.
Apart from drinking water, the characteristics of eating habits in summer may be closely related to the high incidence of stones. Many young friends like Xiao Yang like to drink a glass of beer and order a barbecue in summer. Little imagine, such a diet contains numerous factors that may increase the risk of stones.
Clinical studies have found that, Drinking alcohol and a high-protein diet, Particularly those with more animal protein, Can significantly increase the content of oxalic acid and uric acid in urine, So as to increase the risk of uric acid and oxalate stone formation. However, barbecue and other heavy taste diets use a large number of condiments in cooking, which makes people enjoy it while unconsciously ingesting a large amount of sodium salt and sugar, thus causing the excretion of calcium salt in urine to increase, thus causing calcium salt crystals to form more easily and inducing stones.
Suggestions for preventing stones that are useful in any season.
- Increase the amount of drinking water appropriately in hot weather: for normal adults without heart and lung diseases, it is recommended that the daily amount of drinking water in summer can be increased to 2,000 ml to 3,000 ml; Drinking water should be small and repeated, distributed throughout the day, and drinking water should be appropriately increased after urination or exercise.
- Avoid high-sugar, high-salt and high-protein diets: This can be followed regardless of whether there is a history of calculus. The intake of vegetables and fruits can be appropriately increased to supplement dietary fiber, chelate excess calcium in food, avoid excessive intake of calcium, and reduce the risk of calcium salt calculus formation.
- Health check-up is always very important: regular examination of urinary system B-ultrasound, urine routine, renal function and other items can help to find kidney stones as soon as possible and carry out effective treatment. However, for friends who have fever, waist soreness and lumbago, urinary pain and dark urine, they must seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
It should be pointed out that due to the different composition of stones, diet itself has slightly different effects on them. For example:
- Uric acid stone patients: adopt a low purine diet and avoid drinking alcohol to reduce uric acid excretion in urine.
- Patients with oxalate stones: Avoid diets rich in oxalic acid, such as spinach, black tea, chocolate and even some fruits with high vitamin C content.
Therefore, for patients with stone attacks, it is still recommended to go to a specialist for treatment. On the one hand, they can receive specialist examination and treatment, and on the other hand, they can also receive more individualized guidance on living habits, so as to get rid of the situation of “multiple stones in summer” as soon as possible.