Sometimes the baby looks sick, but it is actually a normal physiological phenomenon.
Do you want to practice your eyes and not be confused by fake diseases? This article is your secret book of cultivation. You can’t miss it when you pass by!
- Appearance: 5 ~ 7 days or 1 ~ 2 weeks after the birth of the female baby, Suddenly out of the vagina like blood secretion, We call it “false menstruation”. The truth: False menstruation is the result of estrogen secreted by the mother during the later period of pregnancy affecting the baby girl. After the baby girl is born, The mother’s estrogen suddenly stopped supplying, the estrogen level in the baby’s body will drop rapidly, and the uterine mucosa will lose its estrogen effect, thus falling off and bleeding. Wise move: After the female baby is born, a small amount of vaginal bleeding in a short period of time is normal, and there is no need to panic. If the amount of bleeding is large or lasts for a long time, it is necessary to consult a doctor to see if there are any other problems.
- Appearance: A few days after the birth of the newborn, the breast bulges and even flows out of the same liquid as milk. Truth: This is also the result of the influence of the mother’s hormone when the baby is in the mother’s body, which is a normal phenomenon. Wrong move: Squeezing the child’s breast may lead to infection! Wise move: About 1-2 weeks after birth, the hormone level in the newborn body will gradually decrease, and finally all milk will be secreted and discharged out of the body, and breast enlargement will disappear automatically without panic.
Shed one’s skin
- Appearance: Shortly after the baby was born, Peeling all over the body. Truth: The skin consists of a tough epidermis layer on the outside and a soft dermis layer on the inside. The two are connected by a layer of tissue called [basement membrane]. The basement membrane of newborns is underdeveloped, tender and soft. Therefore, the epidermis and dermis are not tightly connected, The chance of skin peeling off is relatively large. Moreover, the newborn is in the warm amniotic fluid before birth. After birth, it is stimulated by cold and dry air. Skin contraction is also easier to peel off. The wise move: pay attention to the cleaning and care of the newborn’s skin to avoid foreign infection and damage. It is OK not to feel panic for this.
- Appearance: When the baby’s head suddenly changes posture or leans back, Or when the baby is frightened by a loud, sudden sound, They stretch their limbs, stretch their necks, Then quickly take back your arms and put them on your chest, Make a hug, We call it embrace reflex or shock reflex. Truth: This is an instinctive reaction of babies to protect themselves. This kind of reaction exists in many small animals all their lives. It will slowly disappear in human beings. Wrong move: Repeated [playing] this action may make it more difficult for the shock reflex to disappear, which may hinder the baby’s motor development. Wise move: let nature take its course without more intervention, usually disappear naturally within 2 months or so. If it persists, it may be a manifestation of neurological abnormalities and requires medical consultation.
- Appearance: Some babies are born, Cyan birthmarks will appear on the buttocks, hands, feet and back. Most of them are round, oval or square. The boundary is not obvious, We call it the Mongolian spot. The truth: Mongolian plaque is caused by melanocytes staying in the deep layer of dermis during their migration to epidermis during embryo. It will fade or disappear as the baby grows. Wrong move: treat it as a harmful birthmark, but it will bring unnecessary harm. Wise move: wait for Mongolian spots to do no harm to the body and do not need special treatment. As long as the diagnosis is clear, it can be distinguished from other harmful birthmarks.
- Appearance: Most babies will be a little cross-eyed in the first few months. However, with the increase of eye use, by 6-8 months, most children’s eyes will completely return to normal. Truth: In the first few months of birth, the baby’s eye muscles are still developing, and occasionally cross-eye may occur, especially when the baby is tired, such as the end of the day, which is called temporary cross-eye; In addition, some infants have a wider bridge of the nose, The skin folds protruding from the inner canthus near the bridge of the nose block part of the white eyes. So it looks cross-eyed, But in fact it is normal. As the child grows up, The whiteness of the eyes gradually appeared, It doesn’t look cross-eyed, This is called false strabismus. Wrong move: Confusing temporary cross-eye, pseudostrabismus and true strabismus, Intervention treatment without clear differential diagnosis. A hundredfold worry, even thinking that it is not necessary to match glasses with such a small baby, People can’t see your face clearly at all. The wise move: check whether it is true strabismus or false strabismus when the child appears strabismus. Preliminary self-examination judges that you can take several photos of the baby looking directly at the lens. If the white dot of the flash appears in the same position of both eyes, it indicates that there is no strabismus. On the contrary, it is necessary to seek medical treatment in time for diagnosis. Once it is clear that strabismus is true, it should be treated as soon as possible.
Sleep and whine
- Appearance: 0 ~ 3 months old baby, Sleep feeling uneasy, It is easy to make noises such as whispers and hmm-hmm. Truth: No matter adults or children, Sleep is phased. Newborns’ brains are not fully developed, Sleeping is more likely to show [talking in sleep] and body movement, It doesn’t mean they’re awake, But are more likely to be in a specific sleep stage. Wrong move: On tenterhooks, As soon as the baby has movement, he will pick up a snap and wander around, which will interfere with the baby’s ongoing or continuous sleep. The wise move: check and eliminate other factors that may lead to uneasy sleep, such as flatulence, overeating, constipation, allergy, gastroesophageal reflux, etc. If he does not find any big problems, let them whisper…
Frequent nasal congestion
- Appearance: Baby within 3 months, From time to time, nasal congestion, sneezing and other manifestations occur. Truth: Neonatal respiratory tract mucosa is delicate, It is easy to sneeze when encountering stimulation, In addition, the newborn nasal cavity stenosis, When there is nasal mucus and nasal excrement, The stenosis will be more pronounced, Nasal congestion. Wrong move: The simple nasal obstruction, sneezing as respiratory tract infection treatment, add needle eye, very painful… Wise move: check if the child does not appear such as fever, cough, complexion is not good, mental reaction is poor, suckling is poor, suckling is laborious and other respiratory tract infection performance, can not be treated. Simple nasal obstruction, sneezing, more than 2 ~ 3 months after birth slowly disappeared.
Alopecia of the back of the head
- Appearance: The child is only a few months old, A circle of hair on the back of the head has fallen off, Bare and not good-looking, We call it occipital baldness. Truth: Pillow baldness is actually a normal physiological phenomenon caused by children’s renewal, Almost all newborns lose part or all of their hair, It is not a sign of [calcium deficiency]. Wrong move: Think of it as a manifestation of rickets, Thought the child was short of calcium, Crazy calcium supplement. Excessive calcium supplement may lead to constipation in children, affect the absorption of iron and zinc, and increase kidney burden. Wise move: check if the baby is only bald in pillow, and there are no symptoms of calcium deficiency such as convulsions, late tooth emergence, standing and walking obviously later than the surrounding children, then there is no need to go to the hospital, and there is no need for blood tests, radiographs and bone mineral density checks in what.
- Appearance: During the baby’s growth cycle, there will be a period of time when saliva will flow much more. Truth: 4 ~ 6 months old babies have entered the teething period. On the one hand, the growth of small deciduous teeth will stimulate saliva secretion; On the other hand, After eating supplementary foods containing starch, sucking fingers, swallowing function is not yet fully developed and other factors, It will also make the baby drool more easily. Wrong move: Panic at drooling under 2 years old, As [cerebral palsy] indiscriminate treatment or blind medication, There is no need at all. A wise move: It is true that children with cerebral palsy or stunted growth may drool wildly. But at this time the baby also has abnormal performance in other aspects, such as too small or too big strength, slow response to the surrounding sound or no response, if there is such a situation, need to take the baby to the pediatric hospital health care department for further examination as soon as possible. Under normal circumstances, saliva surge will stop when you are 2 ~ 3 years old.
- Appearance: Eating hands is the common hobby of all babies in the world, Babies begin to eat their hands before they are born. After birth, It will gradually develop from unintentional hand eating to intentional hand eating. Truth: Eating hands is a primitive emotional response, It has the effect of self-appeasement. In addition, Babies can complete sensory stimulation by eating their hands. Helps the brain develop, It can also exercise the sensory and motor systems. Wrong move: Strictly stop, even apply chili water and other ways are wrong, Although eating hands will bring about hygiene problems, physiological problems (finger skin breaking, affecting tooth development, etc.), social problems (older hand-eating children are not easy to be accepted by society), However, rough repression and correction will increase children’s emotional pressure, It often leads children to develop more harmful emotional coping styles. Wise move: Instead, we should work with our children to optimize their emotional coping mechanism step by step and replace the old methods with more advanced methods acceptable to our children. For children over two years old who have language communication skills, parents’ intervention should respect their children more and stimulate their initiative to face this problem.
Infant X-or O-leg
- Appearance: Children before 2 years old have a little O-shaped legs, while children between 2 and 8 years old have a little X-shaped legs. Truth: When a child is just born, due to the long-term [shape] of legs coiled in his mother’s belly, he will have a little O-shaped legs and will straighten himself around 2 years old. Then due to growth and development reasons, A little X-leg at first, At the age of about 7, It will straighten again. Wrong move: It is not necessary to tie legs for children to treat this normal physiological phenomenon as a disease worry. In fact, Leggings not only fail to plastic the legs, It may also cause a series of hazards such as hip dislocation and skin damage. Wise move: Such as the normal situation, please let nature take its course. If the child’s O-leg starts to worsen after the age of 2, or there are X-leg after the age of 8, or the child’s lower limbs are found to be asymmetrical, or the child’s lower limbs are found to be especially severe, or obviously short compared with children of the same age, then targeted treatment is carried out.
- Appearance: Adhesion between neonatal foreskin and penis head, The urethral orifice is small, The penis head is hard to reveal. Truth: This is normal, This kind of adhesion belongs to physiological natural adhesion. As the body develops, The foreskin mouth will gradually become larger, the foreskin will retreat itself, revealing the penis head, thus making the foreskin and penis head gradually separate. Wrong move: to treat phimosis for male babies before the age of 3, which is completely unnecessary. Wise move: let nature take its course. Generally speaking, after the age of 3, most children’s foreskin can be pushed back and turned up.
- Appearance: Baby urinates involuntarily when sleeping at night, Piss on the bed. Truth: Bed wetting is common in young children, Almost all babies before the age of 3 will wet the bed, After 3 ~ 8 years old, You are less likely to wet your bed in your sleep. Wrong move: Think of bed wetting as [the result of toilet training failure], Take measures such as waking up the baby to go to the toilet at night, scolding the baby for washing the sheets, and joking with others about wetting the bed. It’s all harm to children. Wise move: Preventing many babies from wetting the bed can be cured without treatment. Parents should appease their babies, Encourage and gently remind your baby to go to the toilet before going to bed, Wake up at night and pee in the bathroom, And ensure that the bedroom to the bathroom road is safe, can spread a layer of plastic on the mattress, never use bed wetting after the baby gets up early to punish and humiliate him. If the baby who has not wetted the bed for more than 6 months suddenly urinated again, still wetting the bed day and night after the age of 6, because wetting the bed affects normal life, parents need to seek medical advice.
- Appearance: Children’s teeth grind involuntarily when sleeping, often accompanied by [creaking] sound. Truth: Data show that 5% ~ 30% of children will grind their teeth, mostly in preschool children. By the age of 6 or so, most children will stop naturally. In children aged 6-13, As it is in the tooth replacement stage, Some children will appear transient molar phenomenon again. This is normal. Wrong move: a child grinding teeth, think of stomach long roundworm, to deworm, in fact, it is not necessary, this is just a folk rumor. Wise move: check 6 years old before the child grinding teeth, if not accompanied by morning headache, ear pain, mandibular pain or chewing pain, then there is no need for special intervention; Long-term molars are indeed harmful to teeth. If you are old and still molars, you can take your child to see a stomatologist.
Unprovoked leg pain
- Presentations: Pain around the knee joint or anterior side of the lower leg in children, No history of trauma, Sore spot activity is normal, There is no redness or tenderness in some parts. Truth: Excluding the possibility of other diseases, This is a physiological phenomenon peculiar to children’s growth and development, It’s called growing pain, It is more common in children aged 3-12. Usually, Children with relatively large amount of activity are more likely to have this kind of situation, Their long bones grow faster and do not coordinate with the growth and development of local muscles and tendons, which leads to physiological pain. Wrong move: mistaken for child illness, blind intervention, treatment, may [cure] new problems. Wise move: after a clear diagnosis, let nature take its course, growth pain is temporary, after a period of time will disappear, parents need not worry too much.
Not only will your baby grow healthier and happier, but you can also avoid being scared all day long, killing two birds with one stone. Even on April Fool’s Day, you should stick to being a smart parent.