Nowadays, having children is definitely a technical job, because there are many couples who are troubled by infertility. According to statistics, one in every eight couples in our country is infertile.
Once you suspect infertility, you have to go through a long and arduous diagnosis and treatment process. However, don’t be too anxious, let’s first see how to do the examination.
Successful pregnancy requires three factors
In short, to successfully conceive a child, three elements are needed:
Good seeds, good passages, plus good soil.
- Seeds include eggs and sperm, Any reason that affects the development of sperm and egg, Or affect their release, It is equivalent to having no good seeds. Nor can it be sown smoothly, Cause you can’t conceive a child. The seed is good, You have to be able to reach your destination, This requires a good passage. This article mainly talks about the woman’s passage. Because tubal problems account for a large proportion of infertility factors, If the fallopian tubes are clogged, flooded, or obstructed, It is easy to cause infertility. In addition, If there is an immune problem between husband and wife, The woman’s body has antibodies that kill sperm, It’s like the tunnel is full of traps, Then the sperm comes in and dies, Naturally, I can’t conceive either. Sperm and egg go through a lot of hardships to meet and combine in fallopian tubes. The formation of a fertilized egg and its arrival in the womb require smooth and fertile soil to allow the fertilized egg to grow and grow. If there is a problem with the womb, it is equivalent to the soil being not fertile enough, lacking nutrients, or adding some undeserved [pests], which will cause the fertilized egg to die.
Both husband and wife have to check, and the man has to check first.
In the traditional concept, childbirth is all a woman’s business. After understanding the previous content, we know that men’s responsibilities are not small either.
After confirming infertility, both parties should check, and the man should be checked first, because the man is simple and is only responsible for providing seeds during pregnancy.
Therefore, generally speaking, as long as it is not [shot before entering the door] (severe premature ejaculation), it is enough to check the semen routine. Of course, if there are uncomfortable symptoms, check whether there are other problems.
If you have seen infertility and had some examinations in other hospitals, please bring them with you. Some of them can be prompted by doctors, which can not only save repeated examinations, but also save time.
The woman has a lot to check, mainly eight kinds.
If the man’s examination is no problem, then the woman will have more things to check, because the woman is involved in all three factors of successful pregnancy.
(1) Gynecological examination
This is the most basic examination, as long as it is not the few days of menstruation, can check.
First of all, check leucorrhea and cervical exfoliated cells, when necessary, do the pathogen culture of cervical secretions, can know whether there are vaginal inflammation, vaginal deformity, cervical inflammation, etc. If large hysteromyoma or ovarian cyst, doctors can touch it.
B-ultrasound can examine many infertility-related diseases, and can accurately find hysteromyoma, adenomyosis, uterine cavity space occupying, uterine malformation, ovarian cyst, polycystic ovary, or hydrosalpinx, etc.
- When seeing a doctor for the first time, as long as it doesn’t happen to be menstruating, you can have a B-ultrasound first. If there is ovarian cyst, it needs to be reexamined on the 5th to 6th days of menstruation. If there are some uterine deformities, it may be necessary to do B-ultrasound when menstruation comes.
However, what B-ultrasound can check is only a relatively large morphological problem. If it is too small or is a functional problem of organs, B-ultrasound cannot do anything about it.
(3) Ovulation examination
This check is for [seeds] and is very critical.
There are many ways to check ovulation, Common methods include basal body temperature method and ovulation test paper method. You can check yourself at home and then show the results to the doctor. However, the error of these two methods is a little big. The ovulation period estimated by basal body temperature has an error of 2-3 days. If the ovulation test paper is positive, it may also be just the manifestation of polycystic ovarian syndrome or luteinization syndrome of unruptured follicles, and there is no ovulation in fact.
Therefore, if you want to know the ovulation situation accurately, you must go to the hospital for B-ultrasound monitoring of ovulation.
Generally, it starts on the 10th to 11th day of menstruation (not the time after menstruation is clean) and is done every 1 to 3 days until follicle discharge is detected.
(4) Hormone examination
There are many hormones related to pregnancy, and routine tests include:
- Reproductive sex hormone, this needs to be checked 3 ~ 5 days after menstruation, preferably in the morning. Some sex hormones, such as anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) and thyroid hormone, have no special requirements on blood drawing time, and can be used in what. If you want to know the function of corpus luteum, check progesterone about a week before the next menstruation is expected.
(5) Examination of oviduct patency
This is the key examination of channel patency. It is suggested to use salpingography. The traditional fluid passage examination has a large error and is basically unnecessary.
Salpingography can not only understand the patency of fallopian tubes, but also find some uterine cavity problems, such as some uterine adhesion, uterine cavity space occupying or cesarean section incision diverticulum. Angiography can assist in diagnosis.
(6) Immune infertility test
Including anti-endometrial antibody, anti-sperm antibody, anticardiolipin antibody, anti-zona pellucida antibody, etc. It is suggested to go to a professional obstetrics and gynecology department, and some hospitals cannot check it.
(7) Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
This is a good thing, some infertility can’t find the reason, can do a hysteroscopy, intuitively understand whether there is a problem.
If problems are found, such as tubal adhesion, hysteromyoma, ovarian cyst, intrauterine adhesion or space occupation, etc., surgery can also be carried out directly under hysteroscope. Therefore, this is both an examination and a treatment.
(8) Chromosome examination
If you suspect congenital problems, you can check the couple’s chromosomes. However, the cost is relatively high and it takes time. You can do what you can.
The treatment of infertility is sometimes not difficult. If you find out the cause and treat it according to the cause, you will often be able to conceive a child.
Simply, take medicine in the outpatient department and measure ovulation. More complicated, hospitalization for surgery; No, there are still many ways to do artificial insemination or IVF.
Therefore, don’t worry, cooperate with the doctor to do a good job of examination first.