Manifestations of hypertension
Most people do not feel anything after getting hypertension, which can only be found by measuring blood pressure with sphygmomanometer.
Some hypertension patients may have headache, tinnitus, chest tightness and other manifestations, but these conditions are not necessarily related to hypertension. If the blood pressure has been kept within the normal range, the symptoms still exist, it is best to go to the relevant specialist to see a doctor and see if there are other problems.
Treatment of hypertension
1. Better lifestyles
All hypertension patients should try to control blood pressure by changing their lifestyle, including changing their eating habits, controlling sodium intake in food, increasing physical exercise, quitting smoking, etc.
2. Timely medication
Drug treatment should be taken in a timely manner in the following situations:
- Patients with blood pressure higher than 160/100 mmHg (grade 2 or above); Patients with diabetes or other complications; Patients whose blood pressure cannot be effectively controlled by improving their lifestyle.
The use of drugs should follow the doctor’s instructions.
3. Determine the depressurization target according to your own situation
Different people have different blood pressure control targets: generally, the blood pressure target is at least less than 140/90 mmHg.
However, the specific blood pressure control targets should be formulated according to the patient’s situation and discussed with doctors.
4. Multi-factor and all-round treatment
Elevated blood pressure is the result of multiple factors, which are closely related to gender, age, smoking, blood lipid, blood sugar and other factors and affect each other.
Therefore, all kinds of factors should be considered in the treatment process and coordinated treatment should be carried out.
Prevention of hypertension
Prevention of hypertension should pay attention to the following aspects:
1. Eat regularly, eat more vegetables and fruits, less oil and less salt;
2. Control your emotions, lose your temper less and keep your mood at ease;
3. Work and rest regularly to ensure adequate sleep;
4. Exercise, control weight and waist circumference within the normal range.