The main symptoms of myopia
1. Vision drops. The most prominent symptom of myopia is that it cannot see distant objects clearly, but it can be seen clearly at close range.
2. Visual fatigue, myopic patients cannot see distant objects clearly, in order to see distant objects for a long time continuous squinting will cause visual fatigue;
3. Protruding eyeball deformation;
4. The eye position is inclined externally. Because myopia can see clearly when it is near and cannot see clearly when it is far away, the patient usually uses the eye with slightly better vision when it is far away. However, the other eye is often not used, and the cohesion function of both eyes is weakened. For a long time, the other eye will lean to the outside, forming exotropia.
5. Fundus changes, low myopia fundus changes are not obvious, high myopia, due to excessive elongation of the eye axis, can cause fundus degeneration changes, leopard striatum fundus, myopia arc spot, scleral staphyloma, etc., may lead to serious consequences including retinal detachment, further vision decline, etc.
Treatment of myopia
1. Frame glasses correction: The principle of matching glasses should adopt the lowest lens that can also correct myopia’s vision to the best vision, so as to maintain comfort and binocular vision function.
2. Corneal contact lenses correction: that is, contact lenses. However, we must pay attention to cleanliness and hygiene, disinfection and maintenance as required and regular replacement.
3. Refractive surgery: Commonly used laser surgery methods include excimer laser keratectomy (PRK), excimer laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), excimer laser subepithelial keratomileusis (LASEK) and intraocular refractive surgery (ICL).
Prevention of myopia
1. Pay attention to environmental construction, choose suitable desks and chairs, and ensure sufficient brightness of the environment;
2. Read books or use computers, don’t last too long, avoid excessive eye use; Use your eyes continuously for about one hour and rest for a while.
3. Don’t read or write in dim light or direct sunlight, don’t read in bed and walking or in turbulent carriages.
4. To ensure adequate sleep, combination of work and rest, balanced diet, reasonable nutrition, etc.;
5. Measures to reduce or terminate the development of myopia, including glasses, drugs, surgery, etc.