Everyone has a one-fifth chance of getting cancer in his life. Cancer has become the second leading cause of death in China. More than 1.6 million people are diagnosed with cancer and 1.2 million people die from cancer every year in China.
The occurrence of cancer is not an overnight thing, and we cannot do it without cancer. There will always be regrets of one kind or another. Of course, we still hope to do our best to start from our daily life and help us to stay away from cancer to a certain extent.
Based on research evidence, the World Cancer Research Foundation and the American Cancer Institute have put forward some clear and effective anti-cancer measures. In the 2018 edition of “Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer Prevention”, they have put forward 10 suggestions for cancer prevention:
1. On the premise of not being underweight, reduce weight as much as possible;
2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day and never sit for too long.
3. Restrict the consumption of sugary beverages and energy-intensive foods (especially processed foods with high sugar content or low cellulose content or high fat);
4. Eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans, with 2/3 of plant foods per meal;
5. Eat less red meat (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meat;
6. Drink less and stop drinking.
7. Limit salt (sodium) intake;
8. Don’t use supplements to prevent cancer. The so-called supplements are all kinds of so-called [anti-cancer foods] and [anti-cancer health products];
9. Breastfeeding to make mothers and children healthier;
10. Cancer survivors should follow professional guidance on healthy cancer life.
In addition to these 10 articles, non-smoking and avoiding too much sunlight are also very important to prevent cancer and should not be ignored.