Many mothers observe whether their babies are extroverted when they are very young. For a long time, there has been such an argument: [children who are extroverted and lively are more conducive to growth, while children who are introverted and shy need to cultivate self-confidence.]
At present, most schools and even units are deliberately cultivating extroverted personality. They believe that team cooperation and interpersonal communication all require extroverted personality, and introverts are often considered [shy and conservative].
In fact, a person’s personality is determined by nature to a certain extent, and there is no difference between different personalities. We should not label different personalities with different grades, but should let the child be in an environment suitable for his personality development, so that the talents attached to his personality can be brought into full play to the greatest extent.
Introversion is not the same as shyness.
Many people think introversion is not as good as extroversion because they forcibly confuse introversion with shyness.
If your child is an introverted child, don’t always ask him if he is unhappy, why he doesn’t talk, or if you hate anyone here? Silence does not mean that he is unhappy. Most of the time, compared with the impetuous world outside, he just prefers to explore his inner world.
Advantages of Introverted Children
Introverted children actually have many advantages, and some of these advantages may not be possessed by extroverted children.
1. Concentration: Compared with extroverted children, introverted children are more likely to concentrate on the current things to be done without being disturbed by the noise from the outside world. This quality is undoubtedly helpful to many things. For example, in learning, introverted children can focus on the acquisition and thinking of knowledge and greatly improve the efficiency of learning.
2. Have more sincere friends: Yes, introverted children are not bad at communication. On the contrary, their quiet and listening character will help them to obtain some sincere friends instead of many casual friends.
3. Independence: Introverted children are good at solving problems on their own. When facing problems, the first thing they think about is not who they can ask for help, but they will try to explore problems actively, which will make them more creative.
How to get along with introverted children
1. Introverted children have great enthusiasm hidden in their hearts. Parents should pay attention to discover their talents. If a talent is fully developed, children will have strong confidence. For example, writing, learning to read, fishing, etc.
2. Don’t let your child feel ashamed of his character traits. Where you don’t like it, Perhaps it is precisely the most precious and unique quality of a child. Sensitive and introverted, from a positive point of view, is also equivalent to creativity, intuition and profound thinking. Don’t try to change the child’s personality and let him do things against his will. In the child’s view, that means we don’t love him.
3. If your child is not willing to try new things and is alert to strangers, let him take his time. Don’t let him nest in his own small world, but also respect his boundaries.
When you take your child to the seaside for the first time, he will show fear and doubt of the sea at the beginning, but you will not force him into the sea. You will let him explore slowly and approach the sea slowly. At the same time, you will encourage him behind his back and say: “With parents protecting you, the sea is nothing to be afraid of.”
What about when children face strangers for the first time? For him, being in a world full of strangers, perhaps just like facing the unknown sea for the first time, fear and doubt are all normal reactions. Do we have to force him into a strange world?
We just need to let him follow his own pace and tell him: [with parents protecting you, there is nothing to be afraid of in the strange world.]
When he takes a new step in social life, please don’t be stingy with your praise: [I saw you talking to those children you don’t know yesterday. I know it is difficult for you to do so, and I am proud of you.]
4. If your child is shy, Don’t use shyness to judge him directly. He will feel that he is too nervous as a fixed personality trait, not an emotion that he can control. In our society, saying that others are [shy] is like putting a brand on people. When others say that he is shy in front of children, correct them: [Babies are only especially fond of studying new environments.]
5. Let him learn to fight for his own interests. When other children take away his toys, make him very sad. Take him aside and let him say [stop] in his loudest voice. You can practice this as a game over and over again, but be relaxed and let the child know that you know how he feels.
6, regard introverted children as children with strong plasticity, Not vulnerable children. If your child is [highly sensitive]: Very sensitive to light, sound, new environment, feelings, Well, congratulations, Your baby is a baby orchid, This is a new research field that attracts the attention of many psychologists. Many children, like dandelions, can grow in any environment. But those highly sensitive children, like orchids, wither easily. However, if their childhood experiences are pleasant, they will have stronger understanding ability in the future than those dandelion children.
7. Respect children’s desire to play alone. Don’t be obsessed with group activities. Although it is important to teach children to cooperate with others, introverted children need some time and space to be alone. This is the way they recharge themselves.
Activities suitable for introverted children
Instead of letting a child be someone he doesn’t like against his nature, let him be himself at ease. Introverted children can also have many interests and hobbies. Parents can consider cultivating their children’s interests and hobbies from the following activities:
- Collect stamps, collect coins, collect butterfly specimens, go to the natural environment such as forests to write (keep diaries, write poems, write letters), take photos, keep pets, practice musical instruments, form pen pals with others, work as staff in school plays or other behind-the-scenes work, work on the Internet, sports that do not require teams or partners, Such as running, swimming or skating, finishing and decorating rooms, listening to music, traveling alone, participating in design work or developing interests in art, architecture and history, maintaining family photo albums, reading books, participating in volunteer work, such as dealing with animals or reading books to the disabled, helping other children by donating money, writing letters and sending photos.
The best way to make an introverted child a winner in life is to always be a winner in your eyes.
Source: Shutterstock Genuine Picture Library