I don’t know how many people are like me, After college, almost all the high school knowledge was returned to the teacher, But some anecdotes and anecdotes gossiped in class, Still imprinted in my mind. For example, there was a macho male math teacher in our high school. With a size of 1.85 meters, Pectoral muscles are more developed than I can reach in my whole life. Daily dress is meticulous, The style of doing things is swift and resolute, He is also the gold medal coach of Olympic mathematics in our province. Therefore, he also charmed many young girls of that age and some young men… He had a class before the college entrance examination. I don’t know how to talk about going to college, The macho teacher suddenly became sensitive, Say [Boys and girls, When you go out of town, You must take good care of yourself when you go to all kinds of strange places. Be especially careful not to get sick, The teacher taught you a way, If you don’t get used to it in a new place, Remember to bring a bottle of water from your hometown. Mixed with local tofu, That would be much better.] At that time, my admiration for my math teacher was like a torrent of water-I was really a good teacher who learned a lot and learned a lot. Last night, in order to write a manuscript, I checked on the Internet, I really found the saying that eating tofu can ease the acclimatization. However, the math teacher’s worry is not without reason. Many people will suffer from all kinds of discomfort when traveling to a new place on business or travel. Common symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea and even fever. Old people will always tell you that this is a manifestation of [acclimatization]. So is what acclimatization? Why do people who travel abroad become disobedient?
What is not satisfied with water and soil.
[acclimatization] is a common name, Refers to all kinds of physical and mental discomfort caused by not adapting to the local environment. It is not a special medical term. [acclimatization] is not exclusive to Chinese, More than 30 years ago, Those who travel or work from developed regions to developing regions, 40-60% will have tummy trouble, And such [occurring during or after travel, Travelers “diarrhoea” (TD) is a special type of infectious diarrhea, and its definition can also be extended to various intestinal disorders with mild symptoms but sufficient to affect business schedules or travel plans, if the number of unformed feces is uncertain but accompanied by symptoms such as fever, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, and bloody stool.
Why is it that you are not satisfied with the water and soil
1. People appear [acclimatized] during the journey, Mainly because of unclean diet, Causes various bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and other infections. 2. Stress during the journey may cause patients to exaggerate the severity of symptoms. 3. Climate change, spicy diet, soil and water do not directly cause diarrhea. However, changes in eating habits, temperatures and even time zones can affect people’s subjective feelings. Bacteria are the main cause of diarrhea among adult travelers. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is the most common About half of travelers’ diarrhea cases worldwide are caused by this bacterium. The pathogens are closely followed by ETEC’s close relatives, Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli (EAEC), and other bacteria. Enteroviruses are common pathogens of diarrhea in children. Diarrhea caused by parasites is less common than bacteria and viruses, but people are more likely to be infected with parasites in areas with poor sanitary conditions.
Who are more vulnerable to [acclimatization]
Whether diarrhea occurs depends mainly on how many germs are ingested. And break through layers of obstacles, successfully settle down in the human intestinal tract, multiply and live. The following people are more likely to be broken through the body’s immune defense line by germs: 1. Food: When in Rome, do as the Romans do and see what eat what, and the risk of taking more germs is higher, especially for those friends who feel [dirty, not sick after eating]; 2. Gastrointestinal patients who take antacid preparations for a long time: The strong acid environment in the stomach is the main place to kill bacteria in food. If gastritis patients take antacid drugs for a long time, gastric acid secretion will decrease correspondingly, and bacteria will more easily escape the disaster. 3. Immunodeficient people: Immunodeficient people cannot give full play to their immune function against bacteria attacking intestinal tract, thus making bacteria easily settle down in intestinal tract; 4. Children under the age of 6; 5. Persons who have lived in highly industrialized areas for a long time.
Typical Manifestations of Water and Soil Disobedience
1. Most traveler ‘s diarrhea occurs within 4-14 day after arriving at their destination. Of course, if you eat more germs by mistake, The shorter your onset time may be. The clinical manifestations of traveler diarrhea vary according to the pathogen. 2. Diarrhea, stomachache, Poor spirit, Don’t want to eat. Patients with traveler diarrhea caused by ETEC, EAEC, Vibrio cholerae, virus, etc. This is because most of these pathogens are non-invasive, Infection is mainly confined to the small intestine, Systemic poisoning symptoms such as fever are not obvious. 3. Always feel like going to the toilet, If you are infected with invasive pathogens such as Shigella, Salmonella and Campylobacter jejuni, The patient has obvious intestinal lesions, which can develop colitis and develop such symptoms. 4. You can recover without treatment. Generally speaking, traveler diarrhea is a [self-limited disease], that is, many patients’ symptoms relieve themselves within 1-5 days. There are also a few patients whose symptoms last for more than 1 month, which may be mainly caused by some parasites.
How to treat acclimatization
Although TD is mostly self-limited, some patients may suffer from dehydration and electrolyte disturbance due to diarrhea, so it is particularly important to take symptomatic treatment such as timely fluid replacement, salt supplement and diet adjustment. If diarrhea occurs during travel, how should you take care of yourself?
1. Fast for more than 8 hours, avoid drinking milk and eating vegetables and fruits, and supplement salt and sugar water at the same time. After symptoms are controlled, you can drink some stewed fish soup and broth, and gradually transition to lean meat and egg custard, but you must ensure sufficient cooking.
2. If gastrointestinal spasm is obvious, hot water bag can be used for hot compress.
3. If diarrhea occurs more than four times a day or is accompanied by fever, mucous stool, pus and blood stool, etc., medical treatment should be carried out as soon as possible, relevant examinations should be carried out to determine the cause of the disease, and doctors should select appropriate antibiotics for cause treatment.
4. As for tofu, I can only say that [there is currently no relevant evidence to prove that tofu is effective for travelers with diarrhea].
A friendly reminder to my friends who are about to travel, Take good care of yourself during the trip, Work and rest regularly, Pay attention to food hygiene and the epidemic situation of diseases in various places. Protect the children around you. If you want to go to areas with poor sanitary conditions, you need to be more careful. If you are not satisfied with the water and soil, don’t look everywhere for tofu to eat. You must go to the hospital to look for an infectious disease specialist clinic in the first place. It is very likely that some bacteria or virus is at fault. I wish you a happy National Day!